viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

Sabqai-dii

I´m not done with Laos yet. I know that for sure. Right now I´m saying "See you later Vientiane". Why is that?
Well, there are several reasons, one of that it´s that I´m going to work for a while in the local Newspaper!! Yep! I´m not sure yet if I got the job, so, don't congrats me… yet… and it´s like a volunteer job (minimum wage). But amazing! I arrived to Viantiane and I felt like I knew this city. A city that saw a lot (kings, French, communist, more communist, more soldiers, CIA, and a lot of American's soldiers seeking fun).
After the meditation in the "unofficial Dhamma Center", and saying bye to the monks, I´m now waiting for my transport to the South Bus Terminal, from where I´ll take a direct bus to Hanoi, Vietnam. I already have the Vietnam tourist´s visa (which was really expensive!!), and no plan, of course. I´m thinking in taking my CV and application letter in person to the UN (I applied for consultant job).
While I´m writing this, I´m enjoying a nice Lao Beer (the only national product) while I´m watching other people buying yogurt. No, I do not feel guilty (the beer is really cheap, and the yougurt is more expensive than in Argentina!).
This is just a short entry in the blog, and only an introduction to Laos, actually to point that the place doesn´t seems a prostitution´s paradise anymore, and the French are back here! But now with expensive wine.
So, see you in 24 hours!
Mum… I couldn't find a cheap phone….

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario